This step-by-step guide will show you how to install FreeFlix HQ APK on Firestick, Fire TV, and Android TV Box.
FreeFlix HQ is an all-in-one app that provides a large selection of Movies, TV Shows, and Live TV with quality streaming links.
Important Note: FreeFlix HQ has recently updated, which means more link providers have been added and miscellaneous bugs have been fixed.
However, after testing Movies and TV Shows we noticed the “direct” links highlighted in green performed better than the “embed” links highlighted in red.
The following steps will show you how to install FreeFlix HQ on the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4k . However, these same steps can also be used to install the application on an Android TV Box, NVIDIA SHIELD, or other devices that run the Android operating system.
If you are using an Android TV Box, NVIDIA SHIELD, Mi Box, etc. you can follow along with this tutorial by installing Downloader app on your device. Use the link below for that tutorial.
FreeFlix HQ Screenshots
Use the steps below to install FreeFlix HQ on your preferred streaming device.
NOTE: We highly suggest reading the Description and Details guide below the screenshot tutorial. This has important information regarding subtitles, external video player, and more.
How To Install FreeFlix HQ On Fire TV/Stick Guide
1. From the Main Menu scroll to hover over Settings
2. Click Device or My Fire TV
3. Choose Developer Options
4. Click Apps from Unknown Sources
5. Choose Turn On
6. Return to the home screen and hover over the Search icon
7. Type in Downloader
8. Select the Downloader app
9. Click Download.
10. Click Open.
11. Select Allow if presented with this prompt.
12. Click OK.
13. Click the search bar
14. Type the following URL exactly as it is listed here – https://troypoint.com/freeflix and click Go
- Important Note: this APK file is not hosted by TROYPOINT. This link is pointing to the installation file hosted at archive.org
15. Wait for file to download
16. Click Install
17. Click Done
18. This will return you to the Downloader App. Click Delete
19. Click Delete again
20. Hold the home button on your remote and select Apps.
21. Scroll down to hover over FreeFlix HQ and click the Options button (3 horizontal lines). Then click Move.
22. Choose where you want to drop FreeFlix HQ then click the OK button on your remote
23. Launch FreeFlix HQ
24. Click Allow
25. Click Got It.
26. That’s it! FreeFlix HQ is now successfully installed on your device
Warning! Protect Yourself With A VPNMost cord-cutters use a VPN and rightfully so.
The free streaming applications, addons, and paid IPTV services that you use are usually hosted on insecure servers.
Without a VPN, your IP Address is being logged.
Your IP Address points back to your location and identity which compromises both your privacy and security.
Your current IP Address is 184.108.40.206 – When you use a VPN, your real IP address will be converted into an anonymous new one.
A VPN will provide you with an anonymous connection to the Internet.
This will prevent your Internet Service Provider, app/addon developers, government agencies, and any 3rd party from logging what you’re accessing online.
The most popular VPN among cord-cutters is IPVanish due to their blazing fast speeds and zero log policy.
Its important to use a VPN that is fast since we are streaming large HD files. Its also crucial to find one that keeps no logs of what their subscribers access while online.
Setting up IPVanish VPN on your streaming device is simple!
Step 1 Register for an IPVanish VPN account by clicking the link below.
This exclusive link provides you with a hefty discount, only available to TROYPOINT visitors like you.
Register for IPVanish Account & Enjoy Lifetime Discount at Only $5 Per Month
Step 2 – Hover over the search icon on your Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube and type in “Ipvanish”
You may also find the IPVanish App in the Google Play Store for those of you who are using Android TV Boxes, phones, and tablets.
Step 3 – Click the IPVanish VPN option that appears.
Step 4 – Click the IPVanish icon under Apps & Games.
Step 5 – Click Download.
Step 6 – Click Open.
Step 7 – Enter your username and password to login. Your username is the email that you used to register for IPVanish service with and your password is automatically generated and emailed to you.
Step 8 – Click Connect button.
Step 9 – Click OK for Connection request if it appears.
Step 10 – You will notice that your IP Address changes along with location of connection. You are now operating anonymously through your device.
Click the Home Button on your remote and the VPN will remain running in the background.
Congratulations! You are now protected by a VPN which means everything that you stream or access through your Firestick or Android TV Box is hidden from the rest of the world.
If you ever need to stop the VPN service, simply re-launch the application and click the DISCONNECT button.
FreeFlix HQ Live TV
FreeFlix HQ also provides a great selection of channels to choose from within their Live TV option.
For this reason we have included FreeFlix HQ in our Best Free IPTV Apps list.
Refer to the steps below for accessing Live TV within this APK.
NOTE: Since apps such as FreeFlix HQ aren’t available for install through Amazon or Google Play, we don’t know if they hold the proper licensing for the channels that they deliver. Always use a VPN with these unverified IPTV services.
1. Within the left menu of FreeFlix HQ choose the Live TV option.
2. Then select Watch Now.
3. Click the IPTV 1 option, as we found that one to work well.
4. That’s it! You can now access Live TV channels within FreeFlix HQ. Notice the variety of channels available.
5. To add a channel to your Favorites, hover over your selected channel.
6. Hold down the OK button on your remote and select Add Favorite.
7. To access your Favorites click the heart icon in the upper right of the screen.
8. You are now able to watch your Favorite channels within FreeFlix HQ!
Integrate MX Player on FreeFlix HQ
FreeFlix HQ also gives you the ability to use external media players. In this example below we will show you how to use MX Player within the app.
1. Install MX Player on your streaming device using URL: troypoint.com/mx in Downloader or follow guide below:
2. Once on the Home screen of FreeFlix HQ, scroll down and select Settings on the menu.
3. Scroll down and click “Use external Video Player.”
4. Select MX Player.
5. When this message appears click “Go It.”
6. Click back on your remote and you should notice the “Use external Video Player” is now checked.
7. Once back on the Home screen search for the content you want to play. For this example we used Night of the Living Dead.
8. Click Watch.
9. Click the Source that appears on the screen then click Play.
10. That’s it! You can now enjoy MX Player as your default media player.
Adding Media to Favorites
This quick screenshot guide will show you how to add media to Favorites within FreeFlix HQ.
1. On the Home screen, search for the content you want to add to Favorites. For this example we used Night of the Living Dead.
2. Scroll down and select “Add Favorites.”
3. You should then notice an “Added to Favorites” message appear at the bottom.
4. To access your Favorites, go back to the Home screen then select Favorites within the menu.
5. You will notice that your media is now inside Favorites.
6. To delete media from your Favorites, scroll up and select Clear Favorites on the top menu.
7. Click Yes Clear to delete all of your content within Favorites.
Integrating Trakt with FreeFlix HQ
1. Scroll down on the menu and click Settings.
2. Scroll down and select Trakt.Tv.
3. Click Sign In Or Register.
4. Write down the code provided on the screen.
5. Go to trakt.tv/activate to enter the code from the previous step and click Continue.
6. Click Yes.
7. Trakt integration is now complete!
8. Return back to FreeFlix HQ, you will notice this message appear. Click whichever option you prefer.
9. If you select the Trakt Settings option, feel free to edit your Trakt settings. We just left everything to default.
10. Click the back button on your remote, and you should now be signed in under your Trakt username.
For more information about Trakt and how to set it up for all your streaming apps, read the complete TROYPOINT Trakt Resource Guide below:
Adding Subtitles to FreeFlix HQ
Using MX Player is also popular because it works great for subtitles. FreeFlix HQ has a simple subtitle setup using OpenSubtitles that can be implemented following the steps below:
1. Once you select a Movie or TV Show choose your preferred streaming source.
2. Once your media file opens, click the three dots icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Once you click the three dots icon, scroll down and select Subtitle.
4. Click Open.
5. Scroll down and click the first option available.
6. Scroll down and click the subtitle file.
7. That’s it! You should now see subtitles appear on the screen.
8. Freeflix HQ also allows you to change your subtitle font and color if you prefer. On the Home screen scroll down and click Setting.
9. To change your subtitle color, scroll down and select “Change subtitle color.”
10. Change your subtitle color to whichever color you prefer.
11. To change your subtitle size, click back on the remote and select “Change subtitle size.”
12. Select whichever subtitle size you prefer.
Get More Video Links with Real-Debrid on FreeFlix HQ
FreeFlix HQ has the ability to add Real-Debrid for more high quality streaming links.
Important Note: After testing with Real-Debrid integrated, we found very few Real-Debrid links populate. If you are an avid Real-Debrid user we suggest viewing our guide below for alternatives.
The following screenshot tutorial will show you how to set up Real-Debrid in FreeFlix HQ.
Real-Debrid is an unrestricted downloader that adds high-quality stream options to content on FreeFlix HQ. These new sources should provide better playback with less buffering.
Real-Debrid is a premium service that costs approximately $5 per month, which is less than a small popcorn at the movie theater.
Important: You must disconnect VPN on your streaming device prior to following the steps below. Once Real-Debrid pairing and setup is complete, you may activate your VPN.
1. Register for a Real-Debrid Account.
2. Scroll over to the left side of the screen until the menu appears.
3. Scroll down and select Settings.
4. Then scroll down and click the Real Debrid option.
5. This screen will then appear. Be sure to remember this code.
6. Open an Internet browser on any device and go to https://real-debrid.com/device and type in code from above and click Continue.
7. Your Real-Debrid application is now approved.
8. You will notice that your Real Debrid status is now Connected.
9. You will now have access to additional video streams identified as [RDebrid] – these should provide buffer-free playback. Enjoy!
FreeFlix HQ Features & Details
FreeFlix HQ works great on all Android-based devices including the Fire TV Stick and Fire TV. The application comes optimized for Android TV which means that it works great with a remote control.
The application user interface looks very similar to Terrarium TV but there are some additional features that stand out.
The application comes with a built-in video player that works great, especially for those who use subtitles.
Once a video begins to play, the CC button will launch a menu that provides a list of subtitles available to use. If one of them is out of sync, choosing a different subtitle file will eventually correct the problem.
Unfortunately, FreeFlix HQ is lacking some of the common features we see in other streaming apps. This includes average quality links for Movies & TV Shows, and little to no Real-Debrid links.
For alternative apps that provide better Movie and TV Show links, we suggest viewing our Best APKs list.
We also recommend viewing our IPTV guide for additional Live TV options.
However, the updated FreeFlix HQ looks to be a solid all-in-one APK for Live TV options and is decent when it comes to Movies and TV Shows.
TROYPOINT TIP: FreeFlix HQ and dozens of other apps are available within the TROYPOINT Rapid App Installer.
This app allows you to install the best streaming apps and tools in a matter of minutes rather than installing each APK one by one. Use the link below to access this free application.
Give the updated FreeFlix HQ a try today!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is FreeFlix HQ?
FreeFlix HQ is an app available for installation on streaming devices to watch Movies and TV Shows for free.
Is FreeFlix HQ legal?
Yes. FreeFlix HQ is 100% legal to install and use. However, some content provided may be illegal. To ensure you are not illegally streaming, make sure to only watch Movies and TV Shows in the public domain.
How Do I Download Movies from FreeFlix HQ?
To download movies on a Firestick, simply choose your preferred content and select the download option. If downloading, make sure you are using a VPN to encrypt your IP Address.
What devices can FreeFlix HQ be installed on?
FreeFlix HQ is available for installation on tons of devices including the Amazon Firestick which is the most popular streaming device available. Users can also download on Android and more.