This in-depth report of the Descent Kodi Addon will provide you with everything you need to know about this add-on on Firestick, Fire TV, Android TV Box, or any other device.
Is Descent Kodi safe to use? Is Descent Kodi Addon legal? How do I install Descent Kodi Addon? We will answer those questions and more in this article.
The reason why we ask legal questions is due to the fact that Descent isn’t available in Kodi’s official repository. This is oftentimes a warning sign.
Since this add-on can’t be installed through the official Kodi repository, it must be installed from an external provider which we display in the screenshot guide below.
Descent is a video add-on within the Cy4root Repository, which is one of TROYPOINT’s Best Kodi Repositories.
For these reasons and more we have included Descent in the TROYPOINT’s Best Kodi Add-ons List.
For best results, TROYPOINT recommends integrating a real-debrid account when streaming Movies or TV Shows from Descent. This will provide you with tons of high quality links for buffer-free streaming.
Legal Copyright Disclaimer: TROYPOINT is a tech website that publishes tutorials, news, and reviews. We do not verify if apps, services, or websites hold the proper licensing for media that they deliver. We do not own, operate, or re-sell any streaming site, service, app, or addon. Each person shall be solely responsible for media accessed and we assume that all visitors are complying with the copyright laws set forth within their jurisdiction. Referenced applications, addons, services, and streaming sites are not hosted or administered by TROYPOINT.
We will provide you with instructions on how to integrate Real-Debrid within this add-on after the installation tutorial.
NOTE: After testing we found that Descent does include torrent links when real-debrid is integrated. If you decide to use this option, a VPN is needed to ensure your privacy.
Is Descent Kodi Addon Safe to Use?
Before I install this, I first want to scan their repository URL with VirusTotal.
Here is the screenshot of the scan results.
VirusTotal did not find any suspicious files or malware within the Descent repository URL.
However, this does not mean we shouldn’t protect ourselves when streaming content from this unverified 3rd party add-on.
The best way to protect yourself when using Descent Kodi is with IPVanish VPN.
IPVanish will provide you with an anonymous connection while streaming or downloading while using questionable add-ons such as this.
Now, here are the steps we went through to install the Descent Kodi Addon through their repository.
Descent Kodi Add-On Installation Process
- Launch Kodi
- Click the settings icon
- Click System
- Hover over Add-ons menu item and turn on Unknown sources if not already on
- Click Yes
- Click back on remote to go back to the System page
- Select File Manager
- Click Add source
- Click <None>
- Type the following URL exactly how it is listed here – https://cy4root2.github.io/zip/
- Highlight the box under the source that you just typed in and enter a name for this media source
- Type “cy4root” or any other name you would like to identify this source as and click OK
- Click the back button on your remote until you are on the System screen. Then click Add-ons
- Click Install from zip file
- Select “cy4root” or whatever you named the media source in the previous step
- Click the zip file URL – repository.cy4root-master.zip
- Wait for the “Cy4root Repository Add-on installed” message to appear
- Next click Install from repository
- Click cy4root Repository
- Scroll down and select Video add-ons
- Choose Descent
- Click Install
- When prompted with “The following additional add-ons will be installed” message click OK
- If prompted with this message just click No
- Wait a minute or two for the Descent Kodi add-on to install
- Once the Descent Video add-on has been installed go back to the Home screen of Kodi. Click Add-ons
- Select Video add-ons
- Click Descent
- If you see a Change Log message appear just click the OK button on your remote
- That’s it! The Descent Kodi add-on is now successfully installed.
Descent Kodi Addon Features & Description
The Descent Kodi add-on has a great user interface that allows for easy navigation, while also containing a large variety of Movies and TV Shows to choose from.
The Categories within Descent include: Movies, TV Shows, My Movies, My TV Shows, Descent, New Movies, New Episodes, Recently aired, Search, Tools, and more.
As mentioned previously, Real-Debrid integration is available within this add-on, which will greatly improve your streaming experience.
For other great Kodi add-ons and streaming apps that work the best with Real-Debrid, be sure to check out our guide below.
After testing on the Amazon FireStick 4K, Descent is a great Kodi add-on that should also work very well on other popular streaming devices.
Many cord-cutters jailbreak their Fire TV Sticks & Fire TVs and this is one of the most popular Kodi addons used.
Is The Descent Kodi Addon Legal?
It’s impossible for TROYPOINT to determine whether these unverified addons/apps hold the proper licensing.
If and when an add-on is deemed illegal, we notify our users immediately and update reports on our Website to reflect that information.
At first glance, it would appear that Descent is distributing copyrighted works without consent.
Users can always access titles that are available for free in the public domain.
Works such as this are not protected by copyright laws and may be downloaded, streamed, and shared without any legal ramifications.
In conclusion, the end-user is responsible for all content accessed through add-ons such as the Descent Kodi Addon.
This page includes affiliate links where TROYPOINT may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Many times, you will receive a discount due to the special arrangements made for our visitors. I will never promote something that I personally don't use or recommend. Purchasing through my links directly supports TROYPOINT which keeps the content and tools coming. Thank you!