In this post, I will be providing an unbiased Mi Pad 3 Review as I have used this new tablet for the past three weeks on an extensive basis. Within this article, I will share with you the pros and cons of this new tablet PC produced by Xiaomi.
I have been in the market for a new tablet for the past six months due to the fact that my Nexus 10 is turning into a dud. I wanted to find a new tablet at an affordable price that has some great user reviews and is at the top of the line in terms of new technology.
I stumbled upon the Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 while browsing the GearBest Website, which I like due to the great deals that they are often promoting.
I ordered the Mi Pad 3 for a few specific features that caught my eye. When using my Nexus 10, I felt like this 10-inch tablet was a little too large and wanted something a bit smaller. I previously owned a Nexus 7 and that 7-inch tablet was a bit too small. So, I liked the idea of a compromise between the two and the Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 fit that wish due to its 7.9 inch size.
I also wanted a tablet with plenty of storage space. The Mi Pad 3 provides 64GB of internal storage which is plenty for my needs. This will allow me to carry some favorite movies and television shows on the device without worrying about running out of space for other applications.
I also wanted a device with at least 3GB of RAM memory. The Mi Pad 3 comes with 4GB of RAM which will help with multitasking on the device.
Lastly, I am an Android fan and the MIUI 8 OS is built off of this operating system so I will be at home with my Google applications. Google Play Store works great on the Mi Pad 3 and all of my favorite applications work great as well.
Special Note: Kodi works excellent on the Mi Pad 3!
Mi Pad 3 Review Images
What I Like About The Mi Pad 3
- Quick system due to MTK8176 Hexa Core 2.1GHz processor and 4GB of RAM Memory
- Excellent battery life with 6600mAh large capacity battery
- OS based off Android operating system
- Stunning resolution of 2048X1536 – 326 PPI
- Quality photos and video due to 13.0MP high-speed rear facing camera
- Sleek metal design which speaks of quality
What I Don’t Like About The Mi Pad 3
- United States is not listed as an available region within setup or locations settings
- Slightly larger screen may be nice. One additional inch would make a big difference
I am very impressed with this tablet’s performance and I am happy that I chose this device as it suits my needs.
If you live in the United States, you will notice upon setup that it does not allow you to choose “United States” from the region list. I was forced to choose a different region when going through the setup process. I figured that I would be able to enter the settings area after setup to correct this problem but United States was not available under the settings either. Fortunately, I have not had any service problems due to this problem but it sounds like some people have.
Hopefully, this region bug will be fixed in a future firmware update. For those living in the United States, you may want to reach out to customer support at Xiaomi prior to purchasing this to see if they will be fixing this problem.
Product size: 19.90 x 13.20 x 0.80 cm / 7.83 x 5.2 x 0.31 inches
Package size: 22.30 x 15.50 x 5.00 cm / 8.78 x 6.1 x 1.97 inches
Product weight: 0.3280 kg
Package weight: 0.5810 kg
Mi Pad 3 Package Contents
- Tablet PC
- Power Adapter
- USB Charging Cable
Mi Pad 3 Specs
- OS: MIUI 8
- CPU Brand: MTK
- CPU: MTK8176
- GPU: IMG GX6250
- Core: 2.1GHz,Dual-Core 2.1 GHz +Quad-Core 1.7 GHz
- RAM: 4GB
- ROM: 64GB
- Support Network: WiFi
- WIFI: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac wireless internet
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Screen type: Capacitive
- Screen size: 7.9 inch
- Screen resolution: 2048 x 1536 (QXGA)
- Camera type: Dual cameras (one front one back)
- Back camera: 13.0MP
- Front camera: 5.0MP
- Type-C: 1
- 3.5mm Headphone Jack: Yes
- Battery Capacity(mAh): 3.7V / 6600mAh
- Battery / Run Time (up to): 12 hours video playing time
- Charging Time.: 3-4 hours
- AC adapter: 100-240V 5V 2A
- Material of back cover: All Metal
- G-sensor: Supported
- Skype: Supported
- Youtube: Supported
- Speaker: Built-in Dual Channel Speaker
- MIC: Supported
- Google Play Store: Supported
- Notification LED: Supported
- Charging LED Light: Supported
- Picture format: BMP,GIF,JPEG,JPG,PNG
- Music format: AAC,AC-3,APE,DTS (need license),FLAC,MP3,OGG,WAV,WMA
- Video format: AVS,H.263,H.264,H.265,MJPEG(UP TO 1080P),MPEG1,MPEG2,MPEG4,MVC,RMVB,VC-1,WMV
- MS Office format: Excel,PPT,Word
- Additional Features: Alarm,Bluetooth,Browser,Calculator,Calendar,Gravity Sensing System,Light Sensing System,MP3,OTG,Wi-Fi
- Product size: 19.90 x 13.20 x 0.80 cm / 7.83 x 5.2 x 0.31 inches
- Package size: 22.30 x 15.50 x 5.00 cm / 8.78 x 6.1 x 1.97 inches
- Product weight: 0.3280 kg
- Package weight: 0.5810 kg